Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm Different



This was a re-edit of Ben's first video in his series of "One week/one song/one video" in which he takes on the touchy topic of public masturbation (this was "sex" week). Originally, the video was a re-hash of outtakes from the Broken Girl video, but as this was Ben's baby I helped him out when I could and let him do as he wished. I wasn't thrilled with the original result but, having liked the song and some of the moments from the original video, I told him I'd have a go at re-editing the piece, excising the "broken girl" outtakes and integrating more of the PSA film "The Child Molester." The result is dark, as is our wont, and somewhat jumbled and intentionally sloppy. I'm happy with it, even tho it is somewhat unsettling to watch. It definitely preys on the notion that what you don't see is more terrifying than what is actually revealed.

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home