Sunday, August 17, 2008

i piss in your mccarren pool

Today, i piss in mccarren pool.


McCarren Pool - "The Good Old Days"


It was bad enough to deal with the influx of foot traffic, loud drunk asses and general noise pollution, but tonight my tolerance for the hip and happening McCarren Pool sunday parties reached a new low (or is it high?). Armed with my new Canon 40D DSLR, I headed over to the free Sunday show to snap off some "fancy schmancy" picts of the hipsters and squares with my new toy. After waiting in line 10 minutes, I was told at the gate to "talk to that woman over there" who then told me "you have to walk around to the back of the pool and talk to security." She was unable or unwilling to explain exactly why I needed to see security other than "that's how they're doing this now." After a long trek around to the other side of the pool, I found the VIP guest entrance and had to wait in the disorganized line to see the disorganized girl with the VIP guest list. "I was told to come back here from the front gate." "Oh he'll need to tag your camera." she directed me to the security guard next to the table, who then finally explained "We need to hold your camera for you, if you go in there they will confiscate your camera. You need to be on the Fuller list." Flummoxed and beset, I tore the green tag off my camera. Agitated: "Sir I just TOLD you you need to turn this in before you can go into the pool." "I'm not going in." I snapped back, and walked out of the entrance, throwing the bright green tag into the trash as I passed it.

Fuck you, McCarren Pool, I said, flipping the bird to the back of the mainstage as some bad sampled hip hop beat pounded the air.

I piss in your pool.

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home