Wednesday, August 20, 2008

image overload

There's lots been going on of late in a myriad of areas of my life. But rather than try to encompass lots into little space, I'll focus on one of my most recent investments - a digital SLR camera. The Canon EOS 40D is just about everything I could want in an upgrade into the DSLR market: it's fast, versatile and effective machine. And it's a beauty...

Nice lens...
The Canon EOS 40D with Sigma 17-70mm lens

For those that think, "why do you need that? you already have a good camera and take good pictures." I say thank you, but what the reason for the upgrade is that I want more out of the pictures I take - more detail, more tonal range, more resolution - basically pictures that could exist on "the next level" Ultimately, a camera is only as good as the person behind it, but I wanted more range in my voice as a photographer, and the Canon 40D fulfilled that call (though, truth be told, were money not as much of an issue I would have rather gone the extra mile and picked up the Nikon D300, but that was substantially more expensive).

Anyway, here are some links to new sets I've set up to catalog some of these new shots I've been getting with my new camera. The entire workflow has had to change from my basic P&S/iphoto ways into a RAW/Aperture workflow that will take some getting used to. And as I am probably an hour away from leaving to go on my camping trip in Iowa where I'll be taking even more pictures, I figured I should get the jump on distributing some of these picts forthwith...

Note these picts lead to my general Flickr library, which has many other shots from these photo sessions for you to browse...

Storm clouds over Brooklyn 1
Clouds Over Brooklyn

Pony peace
Sherry's birthday shenanigans

Magical Bun
The Amazing and Talented Buñ

Double the pleasure
Another trip to Coney Island

Bottle opener
BBQ Funs

Vivi-workers in Brooklyn
Co-workers (and former co-workers) from Vividas

Obviously, this is only the tip of the iceberg... keep coming back for my latest pictoral observations. In the meanwhile I gotta get outta here - there's some pictures waiting to be taken...

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you going to finally have SEX with that thing, already? All this "fore play" Blogging is killing us.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pics and awesome camera! Wish I had one!

*Christina*

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home