Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Years Eve Special

For new years eve ('07-'08), my co-worker/buddy Katie Hawbaker (now ex-co-worker... *sniff*) and myself organized a little get-together at our office on 46th and 7th, overlooking Times Square and all the chaos of new years on the streets below. As I've been into taking advantage of the phenomenal view during workdays by shooting time-lapse footage from the windows above, I set up two cameras to time-lapse capture as much footage as I could of the scene below. It took me a little while to get around to editing it (as these things tend to do), but I've had a bit of my own personal chaos to sort through these last two months... www.us.vividas.com/NYE08/

You can also view this on youtube (below), but I definitely recommend using the Vividas version of the clip since a) it's full-screen and b) the quality is superior to that crappy flash player they use on youtube. The music is "Exactly Where I'm At" by Ween off their album White Pepper.



Also notable of this evening were the pictures taken by my friend Anthony "Zonalpony" Lopez with his Nikon D80 SLR. The resolution on his camera is so vastly superior to that of what our DV video cameras could capture, not to mention the color saturation and temperature. These shots are well worth a look.


Created with flickrSLiDR.


It's not every night that you have a VIP seat to watch performers Carrie Underwood, Kid Rock and Jordin Sparks do their thing while observing one of the largest organized cattle calls of humanity ever assembled (estimated over one million people freezing their asses off on the streets below). It was quite a party!

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home