Monday, September 10, 2007

Ulyssess S. Rant




In preparation of this weekend's upcoming video shoot, I'm posting this video I did with Ben back in 2004. I believe the motivation, at the time, was to take advantage of my friend Bryan's amazing roof view overlooking midtown and to give life to a monologue that Ben wrote but never actually performed onstage (in hindsight, that doesn't seem like such a bad decision). It was all shot over several hours in one afternoon, but the editing dragged on for months afterwards as I tweaked the performance and sound design. All in all, I was happy with the result... I posted it on the website Triggerstreet to get some feedback and got the "brilliant!" and "unwatchable!" and "pointless!" sorts of reactions that tell you it was something special. And then some douchebag registered a complaint with the website for my "illegal" use of Bach's Air on G String and they took it down... UNTIL NOW!

And yes, as previously mentioned, Bowls MacLean is coming into town to help us shoot three music videos this weekend. It's going to be quite a production as Jen has offered to both do make-up effects and play a corpse! Will keep you posted with updates, if not during, then immediately afterwards.

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"(in hindsight, that doesn't seem like such a bad decision)"

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

OH SNAP!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

My thinking was that if you had performed it live, you might have been physically assaulted as women started to climb over each other in an effort to have you touch them.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or at the very least, clamor over each other in an effort to escape...

-Rock

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home