Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Cyclone


Went to Coney Island yesterday with Jen Rock and decided to ride the front seat of "The Cyclone" - one of the two rides in Astroland to have landmark status (the other is "The Wonder Wheel" - featured in the opening of "The Warriors"). Thank god these two will be saved next year when they tear down Astroland and start building a "water recreation center" and make way for trendy overpriced condos.

Poor Jen was on the outside of the car - which meant at all the sharp turns she was getting crushed by my weight (I think at one point you can hear her calling me a bastard but it's hard to hear amidst all the screaming). It's a tad difficult holding the camera still and pointing it straight on such a bumpy ride, but you get the idea. After having ridden the cyclone many-times-over since my move to NY, I'm a little jaded by it, but that first drop can still deliver!

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home