Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Dishwasher


One by one, I'm posting the 5 "happenings" I made with my former roommate Jacob Naim. "The Dishwasher" was the second of these - definitely the most "scripted" of all the happenings - and Scott Greene was in town at the time so he volunteered to operate the camera. We literally did it in about three hours on a Saturday afternoon in Greenpoint: hopping into some of the different stores along Manhattan Ave., exploring some of the more colorful side streets and even jumping onto the G train for a line referencing CHUD.

People often think after seeing this that I'm an OCD slave whose very tightly wound when it comes to doing the dishes. While I would like to disagree with them, I am admittedly very particular about how I do the dishes. Living with Jen Rock, for example, I find myself doing the dishes 95% of the time. Partly this is because she does 95% of the cooking, and partly this is because she is lazy about household chores, but more than anything, it's because I know if I'm the one doing the dishes, they will get done RIGHT!

As for the other part about Jacob "slipping me a mickey," obviously this was not an everyday occurrence. However, once "broken in," he no longer had to drug me to get me into his bed.

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More like, I do any of the cooking that doesn't involve you heating up instant cheesey broccoli noodles, and you're absolutely grateful, and as a trade off for my hard work and food providing, you gracefully offer your services, and would never think of complaining about it on your blog.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home