Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Cystic Fibrosis

For the last four years, I have harvested a sebaceous cyst in the center of my back between my shoulder blades. I first noticed the bump when I went to visit Katrina out in LA. But what I initially had thought was an aggravated pimple would not go away over time. Even while I did my best to accept this bump as a part of my body, my fingers would frequently find themselves running over that mass of tissue, obsessing over the raised malformation of skin. Recently, my insurance afforded me the unique pleasure of seeing a dermatologist and having it removed. Both the doctor and assistant seemed surprised that I wanted to look at the removed cyst afterwards, and since they deemed it not worthy of sending into the lab, they were kind enough to drop it in a vial of fermaldahyde for me to take home with me. The resulting photo session can be attributed to this purge of my body, and I acquitted the task with simultaneous fascination and revulsion. In that spirit, I know share with you all, my gigantic* cyst!



*Cyst may be smaller than photo's "perceived size"

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a bit of hairy banana. Nice photo.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home