Monday, October 03, 2005

What is news?

I've had some friends approach me recently and complain that my blog doesn't cover any of my personal issues anymore, and I can't say that they're at all wrong. I've deliberately kept a lid on things more or less these last few months blog-wise, but as i feel i'm somewhat "turning a corner" i'll start up again and see how it goes.

Just so you know - I am not as depressed as many seem to think. Sure, I have some residual anger and shame over my bad behavior from earlier in the year but it's getting sorted out and I'm more and more able to enjoy my time with people rather than dread it. I'm not entirely creative these days but I try to exercise that bone when I feel compelled (i still like taking pictures of my cats). My consumption of films is at a high point - 1 or 2 a day - but that makes things feel better for me and at least slightly progressive as opposed to the stagnation I feel from watching TV on a daily basis.

MOVIES WATCHED THIS WEEKEND:
Manos: The Hands of Fate - Brilliant!
Ghandi - The last great epic of the american cinema
Nashville - A wonderful place to visit - don't know if I'd want to live there, though
Apocalypse Now Redux - Overblown but still packs a punch at 3h20m

Things are getting better rather than worse all the time. Let's get together for drinks soon!

Sincerely yours,

Matthew the Third

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant does not describe the...er...brilliance of Manos: the Hands of Fate.
Now lets hear it for the Torgo Theme: Do do do do Do do do do.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually watched the real version of Manos? It's even better with the MST3K gang...

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home